SUMMERSIDE, PE – The 2021 Baseball season is right around the corner. Here is everything you need to know to get registered for the 2021 Baseball season in Summerside!
PROGRAMS: Here are the programs we offer at Summerside Baseball (SABA)
- Age 4 to 6 (They have to be 4,5 or 6 as of June 1st, 2021)
- Runs Monday & Wednesday evenings at the PCH Field, Queen Elizabeth Park. Start Times of 45 min sessions rotate from 5 pm, 5:45 pm, 6:30 pm, and 7:15 pm.
- Our mission: To provide a stimulating, active and learning experience for our young children while introducing them to the game of baseball for the first time. Our goal and focus are to promote and enhance each child’s social/emotional, physical and cognitive development through learning the basic fundamentals of baseball as well as other important skills.
- Our Objective: The main objective is to provide a structured program for your children to learn together in a team environment while learning new skills each night. The number one goal of our program is ensuring our youngest Chevys’ are learning the fundamentals of baseball and most importantly, having fun while doing so.
- If your child has played 2 years at Blastball, they will be permitted to move up to Pony at age 6.
- Equipment Required: Sneakers or cleats, ball pants or gym pants, water bottle, ball cap, a baseball glove, baseball helmet. Jersey is provided
- Age 7 to 9 (Player is 7, 8 or 9 years or younger during the calendar year of 2021)
- Runs Tuesday & Thursday evenings at the PCH Field, Queen Elizabeth Park. Start Times of 1 hour and 15 min long sessions rotate from 5 pm and 6:30 pm
- This program is great for Blastball program graduates but can also be introduced to new ball players. Sessions start with a mini practice followed by a game. The Program staff pitch to the kids at this level.
- Difference between Pony and 9U: No travel for Pony, whereas 9U does travel outside of Summerside. Program staff pitch to the players in Pony, whereas Coaches pitch to the players in 9U.
- Equipment Required: Sneakers or cleats, ball pants or gym pants, water bottle, ball cap, a baseball glove, Baseball Helmet. Jersey is provided
9U: (A few small changes)
- Age 7 to 9 (Player is 9 years or younger during the calendar year of 2021)
- Practice through the week (Wednesday or Thursday) with your home games being Sunday Evenings at Queen Elizabeth Park. The coach pitches to the players at this level. You play six away games that may be held at any of the following locations (Bedeque, Borden, Kensington, Tignish or Oleary). This program is meant to prepare players for the competitive level of baseball. Having experience in the Blastball or Pony program is suggested to enroll in 9U.
- Difference between Pony and 9U: Players have to travel in 9U, whereas Pony does not travel outside of Summerside. Program staff pitches to the player in Pony, whereas the coaches pitch in 9U.
- NEW THIS SEASON: Maximum number of players permitted on the field to seven (7) players for 2021 and beyond (teams may play a game with a minimum of five  players in attendance). This will improve development.
- Equipment Required: Ball Cleats, white ball pants, water bottle, ball cap, a ball glove, ball helmet. Jersey is provided.
Competitive Level: Players can choose to try out for one of our “AAA”, or “AA” teams in one of the divisions below or be placed on one of our “A” teams!
- 11U: Player is 11 years or younger during the calendar year of 2021 (Born in 2010, 2011)
- 13U: Player turns 12 or 13 years during the calendar year of 2021 (Born in 2008, 2009)
- 15U: Player turns 14 or 15 during the calendar year of 2021 (Born in 2006, 2007)
- 18U: Player turns 16, 17 or 18 during the calendar year of 2021 (Born in 2003, 2004, 2005)
*Please note that for SABA, 2012 born players interested in playing 11U instead of 9U are permitted to try out for 11U “AAA” or “AA”, but must return to 9U division if unsuccessful in making those teams and if space is not needed to be filled at the 11U “A” level. Players in this birth year are to register in 9U regardless!
REGISTRATION SCHEDULE FOR 2021:
In Person Registration: Not being offered. Due to COVID-19, we are asking our members to register online by clicking the link below on their scheduled date listed.
Online Registration (RAMP Registration System) will be available starting Saturday, April 3rd, 2021. The link for online registration will be available here: https://summersidebaseball.ca/links
- Players in the 11U age group can be registered on April 3rd and 4th
- Players in the 13U age group can be registered on April 5th and 6th
- Players in the 15U age group can be registered on April 7th and 8th
- Players in the 18U age group can be registered on April 9th and 10th
- Players in the 9U age group can be registered on April 11th and 12th
- Players looking to register for the Blastball, or Pony programs can register on April 13th and 14th.
- ALL GIRLS: All girls are to email our Director of Membership at email@example.com to get registered!
**Please note if you are registering multiple family members for different divisions, you may register both players at the same time. (Pick the lowest level age group date between 11U-18U)
**WHEN SENDING PAYMENT: Please ensure E-transfer includes the players name and division in the message section of the transfer! Set e-transfer password as “baseball”
**Registration forms will not be processed until payment is received and Deadline to Register is May 1st, 2021
**Please note that for SABA, 2012 born players interested in playing 11U instead of 9U are permitted to try out for 11U “AAA” or “AA”, but must return to 9U division if unsuccessfully in making those teams and if space is not needed to be filled at the 11U “A” level. Players in this birth year are to register in 9U regardless!
2021 RATES: Here are the fees by division for the 2021 season. There are no increases.
- Blastball: $100.00
- Pony: $120.00
- 9U: $140.00
- 11U Mosquito: $195.00
- 13U Peewee: $195.00
- 15U Bantam: $195.00
- 18U Midget: $195.00
- ALL GIRLS: $50.00 (New this season – All girls are to email firstname.lastname@example.org to get registered)
IMPORTANT NOTES: Here are some important reminders surrounding registration!
- The deadline to register is May 1st 2021
- Please note that late Registration will only be accepted based on numbers and will be charged a late fee of $30.00 as of May 1st. All players must be registered to attend any tryouts.
- Any Registration inquires can be sent to email@example.com